Our five themes
In late 2015, Free Press Unlimited determined which five themes we and our partners believe are crucial to our joint activities. All our projects and programmes can be assigned to one of these distinct themes.
- Gender and Media (12 projects)
- Accountability and Media (11 projects)
- Safety for Journalists (6 projects)
- Journalism in conflict areas (16 projects)
- Children, Youth and Media (4 projects)
We believe that two of these themes are so crucial for our mission that they are inextricably bound up with each of our activities. Because what would universal access to information amount to, if half the world population (women) is treated as second-rate? And how can journalists continue to inform the public if they are in constant fear of their safety? These two basic themes are consequently given a place in virtually every project we undertake.